- Normah created history to be the first private
hospital established in Sarawak. It was officially declared opened
on 11 August 1988.
- Normah admitted its first inpatient on the 4th
- In September 1994, a RM11 million Cardiac Centre
was set up at Normah
- On the 24th December 1994, the Normah's Cardiac
Centre created an unprecedented achievement in Sarawak and
Borneo's medical history by successfully conducting the first
- A new 4-storey outpatient building aptly called
the Normah Clinic, comprising 30 consultation suites, doctor's
offices, a lecture theatre, general administration offices and
other facilities was opened on the 8th March 1999.
- In Jul 1999, Normah Nursing School open its door
for the first intake.
- In 2000, new facilities and services were
upgraded or added. These include neuro-surgery, urologic surgery,
nephrology and medical oncology.
- From 13 - 17 September 2000, Normah has achieved
yet another milestone in its pursuit of excellence in the field of
Cardiothoracic surgery at an international level. On this date,
Normah played host to an International Heart Valve Symposium known
as the Mulu Rafflesia Valve Symposium (MRVS)
- From 26 - 30 June 2002, Normah achieved another
milestone. For second time, Normah played host for the
International Heart Valve Symposium known as the The 2nd Mulu
Rafflesia Valve Symposium (MRVS)
- In June 2003, Normah open its first Information
Centre in Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia. It is the
first Information Centre setup by Normah outside Sarawak.
- On 10th March 2005, Normah became the pioneer
private hospital in Borneo to achieve Malaysian Society in
Quality Health (MSQH) full 3 year Accreditation Status award.
- On 13th September 2005, Normah and Kolej
Technologi PPKS signed an MOU to collaborate in providing
Diploma in Nursing Programme.
- Another milestone being achieved by Normah on
3rd December 2005 by hosting International Oncology Conference
with were held till 4th December 2005.
- Yet another milestone achieved by Normah on the
3rd December 2005 where the Oncology Centre was officiated by
Honourable Deputy Chief Minister of Sarawak YB Datuk Patinggi
Tan Sri Dr George Chan Hon Nam.
- Another achievement carved by Normah were the
signing of MOU between American Oncologist Dr Hazem El-Kassas
and Normah CEO & Managing Director Dr Au Yong Kien Hoe
were witnessed by Deputy Chief Minister of Sarawak YB Datuk
Patinggi Tan Sri Dr George Chan Hon Nam and Chairman of Normah
Tan Sri Bujang Bin Muhammad Noor.
- On 7th March 2006, Normah continue to carve its
name to be the pioneer private hospital in Borneo by launching
the most advance 64 Multi-Slices CT Scan machine which was launched
by its Chairman Tan Sri Bujang Bin Muhammad Noor.